02:25 pm | Copyrights, trade secrets, technology ownership, the work for hire doctrine - Everything you need to know about your Intellectual Property rights before you meet with an attorney.…May 11 2015 / Read More »
01:50 pm | Congratulations to Aderant on a successful Momentum Conference 2015! I’d like to reflect on several highlights and key takeaways from the event.…May 11 2015 / Read More »
02:16 pm | Featuring panelists from Intel Capital, Coca-Cola, UPS and Kabbage.…Mar 10 2015 / Read More »
Legal Challenges & Opportunities of 3D Printing (Series)
18 Mar 2015Ben Warlick and Bryan Stewart, IP attorneys at Morris, Manning & Martin, discuss the recent focus on 3D printing and the opportunities it provides for entrepreneurs.
TAG Corporate Development Society Presents: Corporate Venture Capital for Investors & Entrepreneurs
10 Mar 2015Featuring panelists from Intel Capital, Coca-Cola, UPS and Kabbage.
Contract Assignability in M&A Transactions
9 Feb 2015Here are a few things to keep in mind when dealing with the assignment of contracts in an asset purchase deal structure and assumption of contracts in a stock purchase deal structure.
- Intellectual Property: What to Know Copyrights, trade secrets, technology ownership, the work for hire doctrine - Everything you need to know about your Intellectual Property rights before you meet with an attorney.
- 3D Printing Law Newest MMM Focus Since disruptive technology can lead to disruptive legal issues, 3D printing is one of the newest areas of focus for the Intellectual Property team at Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP.
- Data Security & Corporate Governance: What Is The Individual Liability Of Officers & Directors? A lot has been publicized regarding the need for data security, and the damages and tasks that face a company when a breach happens. What about the individual liability officers and directors? Do they face an individual legal obligation to ensure the data breach risks are at a minimum? Do they face ultimate liability?
- Adequate Investigation by Board Results in Dismissal of Shareholder Derivative Complaint Regarding Data Breaches After a large hospitality company suffered breaches to its network on three occasions, a shareholder sent a letter to the company’s Board of Directors (“the Board”) demanding that it “investigate, address, and promptly remedy the harm inflicted” on the company by the breaches.
- Sylvan Waller: A Mix of Biz, HealthIT & Jiu Jitsu …
- Angel network to help Duke entrepreneurs find start-up funding For members of the Duke community interested in entrepreneurship, access to start-up funding and networking support is now a little easier.
- Solar Farm to Power 300 Homes in GA County One-megawatt solar energy power plant opens in Upson County, Georgia.
- Georgia Power, Southern Co. to Develop More Solar Projects Georgia Power and an Atlanta-based solar company have formed a partnership to build a series of solar projects across the state to produce 19 megawatts of power.
Links & Blogs We Follow
- 1. MMM Tech Law LinkedIn Group
- 2. David Cummings on Startups
- 3. HealthFlock with Michele Madison
- 4. TermSheet Blog
- 5. Force of Good
- 6. State Bar of Georgia Technology Law
- 7. Nicole Perlroth: Everything Ventured
- 8. Business Technology Breakthroughs (Jack Shaw blog)
- 9. MMM Corp Tech Practice Page
- 10. Navigating Venture
- ~ More...
New Posts and Links
- Tech Executives Confident M&A Surge Will Continue Through 2015 …
- A Founder’s Guide to M&A As a Founder of a venture backed company, eventually the question of whether and how to seek liquidity for your shareholders will come into question.
- Atlanta software firm Contact at Once to sell for $65 million Contact at Once, an Atlanta communication technology firm, will be acquired by New York's LivePerson Inc. for $65 million.
- Blockchain Raises $30 Million in Biggest-Ever Funding Round for a Bitcoin Company The popular Britain-based global Bitcoin wallet and block explorer service announced today that it has locked in $30.5 million in Series A funding.
- Bitcoin now accepted at Georgia Tech The Georgia Institute of Technology is now accepting Bitcoin for student dining and shopping on campus.
- Bitcoin Community Reacts to Apple’s Mobile Payments Play Apple has unveiled Apple Pay, a new mobile payments tool that could significantly impact the way consumers transact both in-person and digitally.
- Progress Made on Do-Not-Track Standards After three and a half years of effort, the Working Group has agreed to advance the Tracking Preference Expression (TPE) specification to Last Call status.
- A Quarter of Patents This Year Will Be Mobile-Related A new report shows that a quarter of U.S. patents issued this year are likely to be related to mobile technology.
- Healthcare IT Funding Surpassed $7B in 2014 A new study found healthcare IT funding has doubled the number seen in 2013, with mobile devices and RCM pushing trends.
- 10 health technologies for C-suiters to watch in 2015 10 topics for C-suiters to be watching over the next year, according to ECRI Institute.
- Major Announcements Highlight Health IT in Georgia Breaking news from Georgia-based Health IT companies were announced during a Health IT Media tour leading into to the 5th annual Health IT Leadership Summit.
- Is going public the right answer for your company? Going public can be a defining moment for an organization, accelerating its growth potential and strengthening its reputation.
- GoPro Stock Whipsawed By Analyst Comments Shares of GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO) continued their wild ride Tuesday into the night, soaring to a new high of 98.47 intraday, reversing lower before closing modestly higher at 93.85 on the stock market.
- Perspectives on Payments These are exciting times in the payments industry and emerging financial technology providers are increasingly playing a role in the payments ecosystem.
- A Look at the Georgia FinTech Ecosystem Did you know that the state of Georgia is the epicenter of the payments industry, a key economic component of the worldwide financial services industry?
- Top 5 Takeaways from Momentum 2015 Congratulations to Aderant on a successful Momentum Conference 2015! I’d like to reflect on several highlights and key takeaways from the event.
- Five Predictions for 2015 / Tech Investing in Atlanta: Southern Style Venture capitalists and private equity firms will target the South in the new year, and here are five predictions for tech growth – Southern Style!
MMM Tech Law Twitter Feed
- May 27: Early Stage Legal and IP Strategies for Healthcare Startups …
- WIT’s April Forum: How Technology is Transforming the Doctor-Patient Relationship April 15th at Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
Twelfth Annual MSEC Conference
Join Us for MSEC 2015
We hope you can join us for the 12th Annual Multi-State Employers Council Conference. This year’s conference will be held on Thursday, May 7, in Atlanta, Georgia, at The Mandarin Oriental Hotel. This year’s conference …
- 5 Tough Questions You Should Ask Your Team Today The way not to be caught off guard is to understand that "only the paranoid survive."
- Virginia & Montana pass employee social media privacy acts Employers in Virginia and Montana that want to connect with their employees online may now have to wait for their employees to "like" them first…
- California Amends Data Security Breach Notification Law Continuing a growing nationwide trend in adopting more stringent data breach laws, California recently amended its security breach notification law effective January 1, 2015.
- Technology Export Regulations: Key Issues for Tech Companies – Part 3 Key steps technology companies should take to ensure compliance with export laws.